Seeking a highly motivated Senior Financial and Operational Auditor to conduct audit and consulting engagements related to financial information, operational or financial processes and internal controls. This includes general computing controls in accordance with the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO) framework, generally accepted accounting principles and/or statutory accounting principles, applicable industry and financial regulations, the Audit Risk Management (ARM) Audit Charter and the Internal/External Audit Policy. Determines the adequacy of financial and business process controls and the reliability of financial information.
• Responsible for all aspects of planning, executing and reporting the results of assigned audit engagements/projects:
• Partner with management on audits, consulting engagements and special projects to ensure the delivery of timely, relevant and actionable feedback and/or recommendations. These projects may be financial or operational in nature and may require an assessment of IT general controls.
• Design a risk based audit program for assigned projects that identifies applicable operational and financial internal controls as well as IT general controls to provide an overall assessment of risks and operating performance.
• Execute the audit program and perform appropriate analysis, interpret results, and communicate results to the audit customers. The assessment must be efficient using statistical sampling, where appropriate, and/or other methods in accordance with accepted and recognized guidelines to identify strengths, improvement opportunities, and assess overall risk exposure.
• Document systems, processes, risks and controls using narratives and/or flowcharts as necessary.
• Analyze and assess information obtained through interviews, observation and review of documentation. Assess risks using a risk-based audit approach.
• Identify errors and control deficiencies. Understand and communicate the downstream impact of control deficiencies on the business/organization.
• Identify and recommend cost savings and improvement opportunities. Provide updates throughout the project and present audit findings and recommendations to management. Communicate the results of the project in both a written report and oral presentation, as appropriate.
• Conduct follow-up of action items to ensure effective and appropriate closure of all significant audit recommendations including monitoring progress and providing assurance that results have been achieved for the more significant items.
• Assist in conducting the overall risk assessment of the company and development of the annual audit plan.
• Lead, coach and mentor staff auditors to increase their level of proficiency in internal auditing.
Coordinate the activities of others outside the department who are assisting on the project.
Instruct and guide other auditors assisting on the projects.
• Maintain technical proficiency on regulations, technical issues, IT general controls, risks, test methods, etc. This includes the performance of benchmarking and research with external companies, professional societies and academia to derive best practices.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or business related field.
• Minimum 5 years experience as an internal or external auditor. Experience should include extensive financial auditing and financial reporting.
• Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor designation required.
• A working knowledge of financial and business internal controls and IT general controls, including conducting comprehensive internal control reviews.
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Auditing Standards
• Ability to understand and assess financial statements and reports.
• Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, interpersonal (listening, facilitation, interviewing), analytical, project management and consulting skills.
• Knowledge and understanding of information technology processes and controls
• Leadership and management skills needed to coach, direct, moderate and coordinate a team through to the successful completion of an audit/review.
• Certified Fraud Examiner, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Management Accountant
Internal Number: RQ0003214
About Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
Make a Career Out of Making a Difference
Working at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (BCBSNC) is not only personally rewarding, it also has a positive impact on the lives of millions of people. We're a company with a keen focus on improving the health and well-being of all North Carolinians.
And we have a dedicated team of talented people who really care about the people they work with and the company they work for.
Join our award-winning team.
Formed in 1974, the Independent Bankers Association of Texas (IBAT) represents Texas community banks. The Austin-based group is the largest state community banking organization in the nation, with membership comprised of more than 2,000 banks and branches in 700 Texas communities. Providing safe and responsible financial services to all Texans, IBAT member bank assets range in size from $10 million to $20 billion with combined assets statewide of nearly $165 billion. IBAT member banks are committed to supporting and investing in their local communities.