Grange Insurance Association has an exciting opportunity in our Seattle office as a Material Damage Claims Manager. This lead role will oversee total loss, auto estimate auditing, and a small material damage adjusting staff and will be responsible for the success of the unit in meeting goals and objectives while ensuring compliance with regulatory and company standards. This position reports to the Director of Claims.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**):
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, team building and communication skills.
- Analyze data and results, and develop solutions to improve performance.
- Lead meetings and manage team members to ensure objectives are achieved.
- Perform monthly audits of team members to insure company standards and regulatory compliance are being met.
- Train and develop unit personnel
- Provide input to and assist in preparation of staff performance evaluations.
- Analyzes existing processes and workflows, and develops solutions to improve efficiencies.
- Other duties as needed or required.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Skilled in auto estimate writing and the auto repair process, including proficiency with estimate writing platforms
- Experience in leading teams to achieving goals and objectives
- Strong customer service skills, including internal and external customers
- Outstanding verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to persuade, inspire and motivate others
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities
- Posses a comprehensive knowledge of Property and Casualty insurance contracts with a general knowledge of legal liability and state’s tort laws
- Understanding of auto total loss and salvage claims processing
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area and prior experience in Claims Management; experience may substitute for education
- Working proficiency in the Microsoft suite of products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Why choose us?
You don’t just want a place to go to work. You want a chance to make a difference every day for your customers, your coworkers and yourself. If this sounds like you, you are in good company. At Grange Insurance Association, we value the contributions made by every single employee and it shows. We listen carefully. We treat people as individuals. We understand the importance of work-life balance.
Grange offers an excellent benefit package, competitive compensation and a dynamic working environment.
Our efforts have made us an award-winning employer and we are honored to be recognized as a great place to work. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. Visit our page at: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/grange-insurance-association
Grange Insurance Association is a Property/Casualty insurance company, with headquarters near the Space Needle in Seattle and operating in six Western states (CA, CO, ID, OR, WA and WY). We have been insuring farming families in western communities since 1894. Learn more about Grange Insurance Association at www.grange.jobs